Data Protection Policy
LATAM EDUCATION HOLDINGS S.L. (KING’S COLLEGE SCHOOLS)
Registered address: Avda. Pío XII, 92, 28036 Madrid, Spain
VAT number B87232641
Phone number: +34 913 598 800
Latam Education Holdings S.L. is a group of schools integrated in Inspired Education Holdings Limited, which is a company registered in United Kingdom, with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired also operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
This policy is drafted in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of April 27, 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR), and the Organic Law 3/2018, of December 5, on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights (LOPDGDD).
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students, parents and their families and / or legally competent persons and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers in our file owned by the Data Controller.
The legitimacy of the processing of your data is based on compliance with the contract for the provision of educational services and other additional services, as well as with the legal obligations derived of it, the satisfaction of legitimate interests and your consent in other cases.
The personal data processed by our King’s College Schools are mainly the following:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- Nationality and location;
- Family details;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement)
- Education and employment data;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial information;
- Educational information.
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the school purposes, are related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special educational needs
- Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
- Biometric information;
- Religion or ideology;
3. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
King’s College Schools collect information in several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications, emails, invoices, letters, consent forms;
- Through online tools such as application forms, educational platforms and other software used by our schools;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our schools’ premises or sites;
- Through third parties, such as referees, professionals or authorities working with the data subject;
- Through our websites, information about you is recorded and stored through Cookies when you visit our website;
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
King’s College Schools process personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the school’s educational activity. King’s College Schools collect and keep information when necessary to:
- Ensure that the student meets the King’s College Schools’ admission criteria;
- Provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
- Manage the application and services for our Summer Camp activities;
- Provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and school transportation, among other necessary services;
- Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- Manage Alumni’s membership and the activities derived of it.
- Comply with contractual, financial, legal and administrative requirements;
- Share and celebrate with students and parents our students’ achievements and to keep a record of the history of our schools. With that aim, King’s College Schools may take and use photographs and audiovisual recordings of our students, parents or staff to be shared in our media, e.g. yearbooks, Inspired and King’s College Schools’ website and social networks, etc, always based on informed consent from parents or students of legal age;
- Send commercial communications if previously authorised by you. Such communications will include newsletters and advertising contents sent by e-mail or any other electronic or physical means, present or future. You will be able to unsubscribe by clicking the option included in these kind of communications.
- In the case of a CV received through our email address or websites, we will process the data with the purpose to include the applicant in our data base for a limited period of time in order to include the application in a future selection process or to consider the job application for future positions.
The personal data object of processing may only be communicated to other schools within the Inspired education group when necessary to comply with the purposes stated above or with the prior written consent of the data subject, always with the same legitimate purposes mentioned herein.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
King’s College Schools may be lawfully required to share personal information with relevant authorities or third parties as permitted on statutory grounds, to comply with legal obligations or on the basis of a specific consent given by the individual concerned.
We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party. For example, we will enter into data processing agreements with relevant parties (providing for restrictions on the use of your personal data and obligations with respect to the protection and security of your personal data).
The parties to whom we may disclose your personal data as above referred may be located in countries outside the school’s location, including countries which may offer a lower level of data protection.
In such cases, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Your personal data will be neither rented nor sold to third parties.
6. Conservation of data
Your personal data will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected. Once the personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, they will be blocked or erased.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the data protection regulations, you have rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasing of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Withdraw your consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can exercise your rights by sending a written request, along with a copy of your ID card, to our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com.
King’s College Schools will not collect and process data from children under legal age without parental consent or the valid authorisation of a legal tutor or representative.
9. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
King’s College Schools shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
If you would like to discuss anything regarding this privacy notice, or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can address your complaint to the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (AEPD) at: https://sedeagpd.gob.es/sede-electronica-web/vistas/infoSede/inicio.jsf.
11. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
King’s College Schools may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated on April 2022.